Dewulf (Dewulf NV; BV; and its subsidiaries) attaches great importance to the privacy of its visitors. Personal information is therefore handled carefully and confidentially. The data provided by you will only be used to send you information about Dewulf machines or other products and services, to better assist you, to send you quotations, or to put you in contact with your assigned dealer. In addition, address details will also be used to maintain our customer relationship management database.
We follow the applicable data protection regulations, such as General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) and the national data protection legislation. These regulations relate to the protection of your personal data and grant you rights with regard to your personal data.
The purpose of this policy is to specify what personal data we collect, how your data will be used after you have visited our website, and to assure you that your data will be handled correctly.
Data protection legislation (GDPR & national data protection legislation)
Dewulf will process your personal data itself and determine the purposes for which your data is used.
Dewulf obtains your personal data in the following ways:
- Information you share with us (via: contact form; contact names; web forms; login accounts; product registrations; subscriptions; surveys; orders), such as identification data, contact details, professional details (e.g. company and position), possibly supplemented with user data or your interests.
- Information obtained about your interest in our machines and services through your use of our online app ecosystem (including our online configurator).
- Information obtained from third parties (we occasionally receive personal data from our partners). In most cases, this concerns end customer information that we obtain through our dealer network.
Dewulf processes personal data to:
- Answer your questions and inform you about our machines and services. For queries made via the telephone or electronic communication we process your personal data to answer your question as completely and accurately as possible. In such cases we process all the relevant personal data (such as: company name, name, language, telephone number, email address, position) to assist you as best we can.
- Meet your needs and provide the necessary information. When you request information material, place an order or subscribe for our emailings, we process your personal data (such as: company name, name, language, telephone number, email address, position). We process these data based on your express consent or for the execution of an existing or future agreement between us.
- Create or manage your personal login for our website, portal or app within our digital ecosystem. When you create an account for our digital platforms, we process your personal data. We also collect user statistics to provide you with a better user experience (e.g. only show information about the machines that are directly relevant to you). For this purpose we process personal data such as: company name, name, language, telephone number, email address, position, contact person, segment. We process these personal data on the basis of your express consent, the need for the execution of an existing or future agreement between us, or a legitimate interest in keeping you informed.
- Periodically send emails and messages with offers for products and services, special offers, or other information that we believe may be of interest to you (= direct marketing).
- To contact you from time to time for market research. We can contact you by email, common digital platforms, or telephone.
- Improve your user experience on our website. For this purpose we process data such as your IP address, your visit history, referral websites, geographic data, data about your computer, language preference, duration of visit. We process these data based on your explicit permission (cookies) or our legitimate interest in providing the best possible, safe visitor experience on our website.
- To improve our products and services.
Dewulf processes your personal data because this is necessary for the execution of an agreement to which you are a party. In some cases, Dewulf will ask your permission to process your personal data (e.g. sending direct marketing messages to potential customers). In other cases, Dewulf will process your personal data based on its legitimate interest in doing so (e.g. answering your questions, processing data for customer relationship management, keeping existing customers informed of new products and services, for the proper operation of our website, sharing data with Dewulf's processors or service providers – see below).
In the event that we share your data, we will only do so with companies with which we have a direct relationship. Within our organisation, only those persons who are relevant to your request or interaction with us will be able to see your personal data. Third parties to whom we may disclose your information based on our legitimate interest:
- Companies within the Dewulf group
- Partners with which we conduct a joint marketing campaign or promotion
- Advertising and communication agencies or service providers acting as data processors on our behalf
- Dealers, acting in the name of Dewulf
- IT service providers: web agency, hosting company etc.
- Payment processors
- Counsellors, financial and legal
- Criminal authorities as part of a legal investigation (legal obligation)
Dewulf keeps your personal data for as long as necessary to successfully conclude the purpose for which it is processed (see above). We retain customers' personal data for up to 10 years after the end of the customer relationship or in accordance with legal requirements (e.g. accounting or tax obligations).
Dewulf undertakes to process and protect your data with the utmost care. Through secure servers, firewalls, and other technical and organisational measures (such as limited access to the data) Dewulf aims to secure your personal data as best as possible.
We use first-party, third-party, and persistent cookies. Functional cookies, for example, which remember your language preference, and performance cookies that show us which pages are visited. Analytical and tracking cookies, which are used to obtain better insight into how our website is used and experienced (e.g. Google Analytics). We also have advertising cookies, to inform you more closely in line with your interests. Social sharing cookies are used to enable you to easily share items from the website on social media platforms, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, while also providing us with more insight into which information from our website does well on these platforms. Finally, security cookies ensure that you can enjoy a safe browsing experience.
You have the right to access the information held about you and to obtain a copy of the information that we hold in our possession. If your personal data has changed, you have the right to ask us to correct, supplement, or delete the outdated, incorrect, or incomplete data that we hold about you. You also have the right to restrict the processing of your data and to object to the processing of your personal data. In addition, you have the right to receive the personal data you provide to Dewulf in a structured, common, machine-readable format and to forward those data to another data controller. Dewulf will, to the fullest extent possible, respect the rights you have exercised and respond to your requests insofar as they are in conformity with the applicable legislation.
If you chose to receive emails from us when you registered on the website, you can unsubscribe at any time if you change your mind.
We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that your request is lawful and that we are responding to the person entitled to submit one of the aforementioned requests and obtain the information.
Please note that under certain circumstances provided by law we may refuse access to your information or refuse to comply with your request if we have the right to do so under applicable data protection law.
If you have questions, would like more information about the processing of your personal data, wish to exercise your rights, or want to unsubscribe from our direct marketing emails, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not agree with the way we process your data, you can contact the Data Protection Authority (Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Belgium). We kindly ask, however, that you always contact Dewulf first to see whether we can resolve the matter amicably.